About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Duluth...does it get any colder than this?

Well, the obvious answer is yes. Just the day we were there, it was far colder just up the road in Embarrass, MN as well as International Falls, MN. Both places are off my winter getaway lists.
Duluth has a surprisingly pretty view of Lake Superior. There are a couple of webcam sites that you can check out to see for yourself! http://www.lsmma.com/webcam.htm When I checked the link they were experiencing some focusing issues but are working to resolve them. I wanted to get some pictures of the lake for the Blog but the weather dictated otherwise. The biting cold and the climb up incredibly steep inclines kept it from happening.
Another cool feature to Duluth is the interconnecting buildings. Much like Minneapolis and I'm sure for the exact same reasons, Duluth has build itself so that most of the city can be walked while inside. Buildings are connected with skywalks which are full of restaurants and shops creating a mall feeling right downtown. This allows people to move from car to office without facing the reality of temps that sometimes reach -50 with wind chill. It is also an economic boost to the city as people simply wouldn't shop in those temps if they were forced outside.
I do have a couple of pictures bot Blogger isn't letting me upload today for some reason. Once I get that figured out I'll add them.

Feel free to add comments! Would love to hear what you think!

No comments: