About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Friday, April 13, 2007

Traverse City...where winter never ends

Traverse City is located in the northwestern part of the mitten of Michigan. It is famous for its cherries and bills itself as the Cherry Capital of the World. While I've never had the opportunity to overnight here in the summer it is supposedly gorgeous and full of life. Lots of neat antique store and such. Sadly, it was cold and snowy the entire time I was here over Easter weekend. I look forward to returning someday though!
This first picture is from the hotel room in Traverse City. That is one of the Grand Traverse Bays in the area. I'm terrible with direction and since I didn't even have the sun to guide me, I don't know if that is the east or the west one.

This second picture shows a skyline picture from the hotel with some hills in the background. That isn't haze either but snow. The squall had backed off a bit when I took this picture allowing for the hills to be visible. I was not aware that they were there until this picture was taken as it was dark, snowing or both the entire time I was here.







Here are a couple of street shots. The tall building on the right side of this pic is the hotel we stay in. I was walking back from breakfast and snapped this. This was Easter weekend so traffic was light as it was still fairly early in the morning as well.








This is a picture from the hotel parking lot. That tall tree is the end of land. Past that is the directional Grand Traverse Bay again. The layover is supposedly spectacular in the summer. Of course, I had put my winter coat away after it hit 85 here a couple of weeks ago so I didn't venture far.








Here is the cute little restaurant where I had breakfast. The food was average, all things breakfast continue to be compared to that omelette that I ate in Salt Lake City a couple of months ago. The town is very cute like this all over.







Nothing really specific about this shot..just thought I'd throw in a bonus picture!

No comments: