About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Holiday Inn Stadium-Philly

Now when I first started blogging, you'll remember that it all started with a bad hotel stay in Baltimore at a Holiday Inn. Well, in some regards we've come full circle. Last week I was doing a four day trip that turned into an adventure in patients with hotels. I understand that some things will happen but it seems that those of us that live in hotels chosen for us are the most likely to get shafted.

While the first night of the trip didn't exactly go smoothly with the first hotel (major issues with internet access) the big mess was the second night in Philadelphia. The hotel there is one that we used to stay in years ago but left after we all complained. The hotel isn't near any food and had some serious safety concerns. It is in the parking lot of the stadium complex in Philly which isn't exactly Fort Knox.

The Holiday Inn Stadium in Philly was a disaster when I got there. They checked me into THREE rooms that already had people in it. It took nearly an hour to get a room without a guest already in it. It is one of the most basic parts of running a hotel or any business...knowing your inventory!!! If you don't have it, don't sell it! How anything could be that messed up is beyond me.
Once I got into my room, the night didn't get any better as the internet in this hotel was jacked up as well. I called the toll free number in an effort to solve the issue but was told "we're not trained to do anything but get you connected and since you're connected, we can't help you". I was also told that I certainly had a virus since my computer was connecting but unable to open anything. I even tried explaining to them that they needed to reboot the pods near my room as I have dealt with this issue many times in my travels. They refused to believe me and wouldn't even reboot it just to prove me wrong.
Anyway, another reason why I avoid Holiday Inn's in my private travels. I keep telling them that but they don't seem to care. Ah..another outstanding example of American Customer Service.

No comments: