About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cracking Up!



Coming in on final approach into Minneapolis, this windshield simply shattered. I have never seen anything like this before and neither had the pilots. The flight attendants were completely unaware of what was happening until we were at the gate and the first officer came out of the flight deck and said "I think I need to change my shorts". That is when we looked into the cockpit and saw the windshield. I guess it shattered at about 5k feet and it was the outside pane. The windshield is double paned so we still had the inside one.

Thought everyone would be interested in seeing something like this so that the next time your flight is delayed due to mechanical reasons you can think it might be this!

No comments: