About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Maryland Road Trip

I went over to College Park last week for the WVU-Maryland football game and an extended weekend. I flew over on Wednesday and left Saturday morning, staying at my friend Reids. We also got a chance to get out and see some sights around DC. Even though I'd been to the World War II Memorial I was able to go again and got some great shots. I was also able to get some shots of the football stadium and the Alumni center.
The stadium was awash in black clad students as the campus was in "black out" mode for the game. Suddenly, WVU is the hunted and it is fun! It is an incredible feeling to go into an away stadium and know that thousands of people are there only because we are there. The student section was nearly full 45 minutes before the game started and they were rowdy. I was fortunate and wasn't harassed and barely had anything said to me although Reid took some abuse during a misguided walk alone through the campus in full WVU regalia.

Click below for a slide show of the trip!

No comments: