About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Oklahoma really IS OK!

I finally fulfilled a promise this weekend and headed out to see my old buddy Scott Mahaney this weekend. I'm happy to report that it was a GREAT weekend and fantastic to see MOE-haney and my first OU Sooner football game.

I flew in on Thursday afternoon and Scott picked me up. We headed over to the Murrah Building Memorial and I got some incredible pictures of the Memorial. Click on the pic below and it will take you to the album of pics from the site plus some pictures of town called Bricktown. Downtown OKC is a really sweet town.




On Friday we spent the afternoon walking around OU and getting a feel for the campus. I am sure that Oklahoma has violates some federal law as it has built a flat campus. After my time at WVU, I'm SURE that is against the law. Once again, click on the link below for some pictures.






Unfortunately, I didn't take the camera to the game on Saturday as the weather was unstable. We actually got some rain early in the game but after that, the sun was out and it was HOT AND HUMID. OU rolled over Miami, winning 51-13 and looking mighty impressive. The crowd was huge, just over 85,000 and was the largest crowd in the history of the stadium. It was also the largest sporting event crowd ever in the state of Oklahoma. After the game, Scott and I headed back to the apartment and gorged on a Saturday of college football...it was most wonderful.

My plans were to leave on Sunday and head back to Charleston as it is a short week for me. I'm leaving for Maryland on Wednesday and was hoping to spend another day in town. Unfortunately all the flights were packed and I got stuck. I was able to get out on Monday morning though and got back to Charleston at about 6pm Monday night. Scott and I took full advantage of the extra day and headed over to the Oklahoma State Capitol Complex to check it out. Oklahoma has a very impressive state capitol and I took a bunch of pictures..you can check them out with the link below!






Hope you enjoy the pictures...I'll try to get some from the Maryland game this weekend and wherever I might get sent next week while flying! Please post comments, I love hearing from everyone!

No comments: