About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tina Turner still moves me!

I loaded the pics in the wrong order but I'll give you a brief overview. The first one is from the encore when part of the stage turns into a catwalk and swings out into the audience. She is nearly directly above me and it is wonderful! The catwalk got stuck on this particular night but Tina soldiered on and made a brief reference about it and just made it work. The second picture is also of Tina on the catwalk, the lights caught badly behind her and it is hard to make out.
Pics 3 and 4 are from Golden Eye. Many of you might remember that Tina did the theme song from the James Bond movie "Golden Eye". The circle of lights in the back rises in two pieces at the beginning of the song and comes together then Tina walks out through it, quite the experience!
The final picture is actually the first one of the night. This is the opening moment of the concert when the curtains open. Tina is 30 feet in the air in all her glory, dancers (who are actually on the second level of the stage here) and band in the back and "Steamy Windows" rips through the air. Now...not many people can OPEN a show with a song like "Steamy Windows" and no other can end it with classic romps through "Proud Mary", "River Deep, Mountain High", and "Nutbush City Limits" in succession. All in all it was a SPLENDID night and one that I'm anxious to repeat.








Tina Turner is back on tour at the age of 68! By the time the tour ends, she will be preparing to turn 70 years old! I hope that at the age of 70 I'm still able to exchange carbon dioxide for oxygen without a pump let alone put on a two and half hour throw down of a concert!
My cousin Sheri came up for the weekend and we were able to score 17th row seats for the concert here in Minneapolis. She got a room at the Marriott City Center and we had a grand ole time! The show left me breath-taken and wanting more and fortunately I can do that! I'll be heading to San Francisco this weekend to join Alisha and Jason and Gerald for another round of Tina(!) LIVE! We have floor seats again! I'll take my camera to this one and get some better pictures than from my phone. I will even try to get a couple of good videos of some of the highlights of the show. Here are a couple of pics to check out!

No comments: