About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, May 14, 2009

My letter to Macy's informing them that I'm done with them.

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

Upon receiving my new statement in my email today I have been forced to make a decision that I didn't want to have to make. I simply will be refusing to pay my bill and I won't be shopping your stores again.

From the time I was young, Macy's has represented a level of customer service that other companies strode to achieve but my experience with your company has been far from that. I opened a Macy's account in October and almost immediately was hit with deceptive credit card practices that seemed aimed at not being convenient for the consumer but to line the pockets of Macy's. From a short billing cycle the first month that my account was opened, to cutting my credit limit when I missed a payment because of that short-cycled billing which was also coupled with a slow "verification" process ( a process that took days for your system to complete, rendering an on time payment impossible) of your online payment system on the initial setup and the total failure of the system to accept the payment and now, to what just happened this past billing cycle has left me with nothing but disdain and disgust with your business practices. The original problems with billing and questionable late fees led me to close the card just a few months after opening it and this recent event has led me to take further action.

I received a bill with a due date on May 11th and made a payment through the online payment system on the night of May 9th but was still hit with a late fee because your system didn't process it until the 12th of the month. Your failure to process my on time payment should not result in late payments. If I needed to pay my bill by the 9th then the bill due date should be the 9th and not the 11th. I have done my part to pay on time and use the vehicles you give me yet your system is designed to punish people even when all rules are followed.
int
So, this brings me back to my decision. I simply will not be paying the remaining balance on my card. Nearly the entire remaining balance on that card is unwarranted late fees and interest accrued on those late fees, not purchases I made. I'm done. I'm walking away very disappointed with Macy's and choosing to take my business to a competitor. I will also be posting this on my blog so all my readers can understand what your business practices are.

Good Bye from a former customer,

No comments: