About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Columbia, MO...MIZZOU!



I was doing something else on my computer tonight and I found these pictures from my recent trip to Columbia, MO to visit my cousin, Grant. I rushed over here to Blogger to get them posted and tell you a little bit about the place.

A big shout-out to my cousin Grant for making the trip to Kansas City in a total weather mess to get me. I believe that we counted something like 45 cars in the ditch between the airport and Columbia. The roads were horrid.

The pic above is on campus. Most of the entrance area of the campus is being renovated. That explains the fence running by the sidewalk. There is an underpass there where the buildings come together and campus tradition says that no one is to speak while passing through the covered area.


Blogger decided that I was not going to be allowed to have these pictures in the proper order so I'm doing the best that I can here with it. This is a picture of Mizzou's football stadium. Notice flat. I think that this might be the first campus I've ever been on that is flat. I had heard faint rumors that it occassionally happened but I had never witnessed it before. I was awed!




Had Blogger allowed me to rearrange the pictures, this would have followed the first shot (which actually wouldn't have been first, but anyway...) This is the tunnel/passage that I referenced at the beginning. SHHH!!! NO TALKING!


















It's deja vu all over again.











This picture is kinda the main entrance to the University of Missouri...also known as MIZZOU!!! As you can see, the area is being renovated. You can also see the remnants of a terribly messy snow event from the night before.
All and all, had a great time. I didn't get pictures of the little joint that we had the "best burgers in America" as chosen by USAToday. They were VERY good. Also got to see BREACH which I again suggest everyone see. A big "HOWDY" to Huble House (boy..I hope that is right) and all the cool individuals that I met there and look forward to seeing everyone again at some point.

No comments: