About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Day At the Minneapolis Institute of Art

One of the reasons I'm enjoying Minneapolis so much is the wide variety of things to do. The Minneapolis Institute of Art is just one of them and I took full advantage of it last week.
Currently the MIA has an exhibit of Japanese art on display which was the draw for me. It was heavy on Japanese Panels and traditional clothing. As most of you know or would suspect I have a pretty short attention span for museums but I was able to get about two hours worth of entertainment out of the visit which is actually a fairly long time for me.
The museum also has a large free area where the pictures below were taken. It is broken up into regions and showcases art from all parts of the world. I think the most striking piece of art I saw was the Native American statue. For some reason it really caught me.
Enjoy the pictures and when you come to visit I'll make sure that you see it all first hand!

No comments: